Share Hope with Your Community
Submission deadline: Monday, Feb. 22, 11:59 p.m.
During this stressful time, help create hope for our community through sharing words of affirmation, a favorite quote or your own creative valentine.
Submit your visual or written creative work designed to honor, uplift and celebrate Arlington to the Valentine’s Card Catalog edition of Quaranzine. All ages are welcome and encouraged to submit; content should be appropriate for a wide audience.
Submissions will be accepted until February 22, 11:59 p.m.
Looking for creative ideas or supplies?
- Join our Valentine's Card Catalog - Design Party on Thursday, Feb. 11, 3-4 p.m. to make Valentines with library staff and other friendly faces. (Online, registration required)
- Pick up supplies to make Valentines earlier that week from either of these Take and Make programs:
Quaranzine publication and display:
- Accepted visual and written submissions will be published online in Quaranzine: Valentine’s Card Catalogue edition by Friday, Feb. 26.
- A selection of accepted submissions will also be displayed in the windows of some Library locations throughout February, following safety guidelines for COVID.
- Submit your Visual (accepted formats- jpg or png) or Written Valentine using the form at the bottom of this page. Submissions will be reviewed by a committee of Library staff.
- Anyone within the Library community may submit. You do not need to be an Arlington resident to participate.
- By submitting, you grant the Library the right to display your content and first name at any of the Library locations, on the Library website, social media and in marketing materials.
- All work is subject to Arlington County and Arlington Public Library standards of conduct.
- Submitting work does not guarantee publication.
Submit Your Entry
By uploading my information to this form, I give the Arlington Public Library permission to publish my first name and photo (if included) on Library social media, the Library website and promotional materials. Though published by Arlington Public Library, ownership rights of the original work will remain with the creator. Not all submissions will be published.