Community Celebration and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Thursday, July 8, 4 - 6 p.m.
Columbia Pike Library
816 S. Walter Reed Drive
The public is invited to attend the grand opening and community celebration of the newly renovated Columbia Pike Library on Thursday, July 8, 4 - 6 p.m. Join members of the County Board, the County Manager and Library Director Diane Kresh in the ribbon cutting ceremony, followed by family-friendly events, music and free ice cream, and a tour of the transformed Library Branch.
"The renovated Columbia Pike Library will resume its role as a community anchor, welcoming of everyone. We are delighted with the new, brightly lit spaces and can’t wait to roll out popular programs like storytime," said Library Director Diane Kresh.
The Columbia Pike Library renovation has been a successful partnership between Arlington Public Library and Arlington Public Schools. The updated Library Branch features 11,895 square feet of space, state-of-the-art furnishing, shelving for 20,000 collection items, free WiFi, 20 computer stations, four modern meeting rooms with AV accessibility and a new laptop bar. The building offers shared multi-use spaces and will be a great community asset for Arlington residents and visitors alike.
Columbia Pike’s updated hours and opening service availability will be published on July 1.
Grand Reopening Program Schedule
- 4:00 p.m. Witness a magical performance by basketball star Spinny Johnson, known for his upbeat trick shot artistry.
- 4:45 p.m. Join us for the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with the members of the County Board, the County Manager and Library Director Diane Kresh
- 5:00 p.m. Dance to the music of Arlington’s The Sunshine Gang, a classic rock inspired band certain to kick off your summer!
- Free books and giveaways from the library bookmobile, The Truck.
- Enjoy an icy treat from the Kona ice truck.
Visit the Library calendar to RSVP for an event reminder.