We loved spending 2022 with you.
We have much to be thankful for. We:
- Created the "Gift Nook," a free and festive holiday market made from thousands of donated items by the community.
- Launched the free Teleconnect Space at Columbia Pike Library, for online social service appointments and job interviews.
- Hosted playful, educational storytimes at every location, multiple times a week.
- Renovated the library inside the Arlington County Detention Center and held several conversations with Arlington Reads authors inspired by Reginald Dwayne Betts' "Freedom Reads" project.
- Partnered with the Washington Nationals for Summer Reading. Nearly 8,000 readers participated in our community Summer Reading program and thousands more attended events and to support the Potomac Conservancy in their mission to safeguard the lands and waters of the Potomac River.
- Brought you 11 outstanding Arlington Reads author talks, thanks to the support of the Friends of the Arlington Public Library.
- Reduced wait times for popular eBooks and eAudiobooks and expanded popular book services with the one-time Arlington County budget increase of $543,000.
Thank you to the Friends of the Arlington Public Library and all our County and community partners.
Make the Library part of your 2023.
Always free. Always open. Always there for you!