Daily library overdue fees were eliminated in the FY21 Arlington County Budget. Lost material fees and other service fees will still apply. While no new daily overdue fees have accrued since July 1, 2020, any overdue fees ($ .30 per day, with a maximum overdue fee of $9.00 per item) charged before July 1, 2020 remain due on library accounts.
Pay Fines and Fees
- In person – Use cash or credit/debit at any open Library location.
- Online – Log into your Library account and go to Fines and Messages.
- By Mail – Send payment by check or money order (payable to Treasurer of Arlington County) and include library card number.
Address mail to:
1015 N. Quincy St
Arlington, VA 22201
- Have lost library materials and/or an account balance of $15 or more
- Cannot borrow, renew, or place holds on materials, or log in to premium sites
- Library accounts may be submitted to Unique National Collections, Inc. for recovery when they have a balance of $25.00 or more, and a non-negotiable service charge of $10.00 is added to the account.
- Accounts submitted to collections cannot borrow, renew, or place holds on materials, log in to premium sites or use public computer stations
- Accounts with balances higher than $1000 in outstanding material or monies owing are submitted to the Arlington County Treasurer’s Department for recovery.