Any group, regardless of the affiliations of its members, may use the Library’s Large Meeting Rooms, provided that the group complies with the policies detailed below, the Rules Governing the Use of the Library. Failure to abide by any of these policies may result in suspension of meeting room privileges. The Library reserves the right to revise these policies at any time.
- To ensure equitable use of Large Meeting Rooms, each group’s usage is limited to four (4) uses per calendar year, beginning January 1.
- Events must be free and open to the public. No fees may be charged to attendees.
- Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance, but not more than 60 days ahead of time.
- Large Meeting Rooms may not be used for personal events (e.g., birthday parties, baby showers, etc.).
- Large Meeting Room are available for use by non-profit or community groups and may not be used for commercial interests or electioneering. Except for The Friends of the Arlington Public Library, selling or sales promotions are prohibited.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule reservations at any time or for any reason. In the event of a Library cancellation, the Library will make every reasonable effort to accommodate an alternate time or space for the canceled reservation.
- No-shows (reservations that are not canceled at least 48 hours before the requested start time) may result in the reservation being canceled by Library staff and will count toward the group's reservation limit.
- Reservation limits may not be circumvented by different individuals using their names to register the same group, or by a group using different names.
- Groups using the Library's meeting rooms are responsible for room setup, including arrangement of tables and chairs.
- Large Meeting Rooms may only be scheduled for use during regular Library hours and must be vacated 30 minutes before closing time.
- All publicity is the responsibility of groups using Large Meeting Rooms and must clearly identify the sponsoring organization. Publicity materials may not imply the Library’s endorsement of the event, nor list Library contact information (email or telephone).
- The Library does not assume responsibility for any private property brought into the Library.
- Groups must leave meeting rooms clean and neat. Repair or replacement costs due to damage of Library facilities, furnishings and equipment will be charged to the program sponsor. Arlington County will be the sole determiner of who does repair to County property.
- There is no fee for the use of the Library’s Large Meeting Rooms.
- Large Meeting Rooms at all Branch Libraries may be opened for multi-use if minimum capacity of 8 people is not met.
- The Library does not provide on-site audiovisual assistance or support.
- Room setup and configuration is the responsibility of the group using the meeting rooms. Groups are advised to schedule an additional 30 minutes for room setup into their reservation time.
- Refreshments may be served in the meeting rooms, provided proper care is given to clean-up after the meeting.
- If there are any questions or concerns regarding Large Meeting Room use, reservations, or policies, please contact the branch where the meeting room is located. For the Central Library, contact Administrative Librarian John Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org.