For Low and Middle Income Taxpayers
AARP Tax-Aide locations, processes and procedures have been adjusted for the protection of you and AARP volunteers:
- Appointment required - No walk-in service provided.
- Taxpayers must complete an information packet before their appointment.
- At the appointment, taxpayers drop off their tax return documents and the completed information packet. Tax counselors will contact taxpayers by phone with any questions that arise.
- Taxpayers return to appointment site for a review of the completed tax return, sign form 8879 for e-filing of the tax return, and receive their tax documents/copy of the tax return.
The wearing of masks and adherence to social distancing is required at all times.
At Central Library
By Appointment Only
February 10 - April 14
Make an Appointment Starting February 1: on the AARP Tax-Aide Portal
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 10:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m.
1015 North Quincy Street
Arlington VA 22201
Learn more at the AARP Tax-Aide Information website or call 703-829-6192 after February 1.
At Columbia Pike Library
By Appointment Only
In English and Spanish
January 28- April 14
Call for Appointment Starting January 21: 703-879-4696
Tuesdays: 1:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Fridays: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Columbia Pike Library
816 South Walter Reed Drive
Arlington, Virginia 22204
Learn more at the AARP Tax-Aide Information website or call 703-879-4696 (after January 21).
What to bring to your appointment
- Completed information packet
- Current year tax documents and prior two years tax return and documents. (You may bring copies if you prefer, since you will need to leave them with us for us to prepare your return.)
- Identification for taxpayer and others to be listed in the tax return.
Presented in partnership with AARP, the Tax-Aide Program provides free tax assistance services for low- and middle-income taxpayers, with special attention given to those 50 and over.