Come in and explore... The Shop is a collaborative, participatory and inclusive learning environment.
Bring your ideas and your imagination... We are devoted to fostering a supportive community where Library patrons can experiment, play and think outside the box. What will you create?
About Open Lab
Need help with a design, or want to learn to use a new tool? Open Lab is a great time for working on personal or collaborative projects, getting feedback, or trying something new.
During Open Lab hours all of The Shop equipment is available for public use, and staff will be on hand to answer questions and to offer help.
Requirements for participation in Open Lab:
Please note: Shop equipment is free to use, but some materials fees may be applied for consumables used during Open Lab time.
To ensure a safe and respectful Maker environment, users of The Shop agree to the following:
- Check in with a Shop staff member immediately upon arrival
- Follow all posted Library rules.
- Be respectful and encouraging of others.
- Users under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Use Library equipment, tools, hardware, and software safely and properly. Ask a staff member for help if unsure sure how to use equipment safely.
- Follow all instructions given by Library staff and volunteers.
- Immediately alert a staff member of accidents and/or equipment damage.
- Return all equipment and other items when finished using them. Equipment must be returned in the same condition as when it was borrowed.
- Pay any applicable fees for consumables.