Open Lab is a great time to work on personal or collaborative projects, get feedback, or try something new.
Need help with a design, or want to learn to use a new tool? Library staff are available during Open Lab hours to answer questions and to offer help. Participation in Open Lab requires an active Library card, and a completed Maker User Agreement.
Glowforge Lasercutter requires certification and is restricted to Makers age 18+
- Take a certification class.
- Make an online reservation to use the Glowforge.
Reservations Are Recommended For
Open Lab Equipment
- ClearClick Video to Digital Converter - VHS and Beta
- Epson Perfection V600 Photo Scanner - Photos, film, and slides
- Wolverine Data Film2Digital MovieMaker-PRO - 8mm and Super 8 Converter
- ION Audio Classic LP | 3-Speed USB Conversion Turntable - Vinyl
- Glowforge - Requires a certification class. After certification, Makers should make an online reservation.
Sewing and Embroidery
- Brother CS6000i Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine (4)
- Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing and 4x4 Embroidery Machine
- Dress Forms (sizes S-L)
- Button Makers, sizes 1", 1.75" and 2.25 "
- Bike pump and rack
- Cordless drills
- Hand tools
- Soldering irons
Consumables Price List
- 3D Printing - $0.05/gram
- Button Makers - $0.10/button
- Cameo Cutter - Regular vinyl: $0.50/12x12 sheet
- Laminator - Laminating film: $0.50/large pouch, $0.25/small pouch
- Glowforge - Patrons must provide own materials
- Sewing / Embroidery Machine - Patrons must provide own fabric and thread
The Shop is the Library's makerspace at Central Library, where people and ideas connect.
Come in and explore... The Shop is a collaborative, participatory and inclusive learning environment.
Bring your ideas and your imagination... We are devoted to fostering a supportive community where Library patrons can experiment, play and think outside the box. What will you create?
Technology and equipment in The Shop are made possible in part by the Friends of the Arlington Public Library.