A Free Service for Arlington Residents Who are Homebound
How It Works
- Books are sent to a registered user's home, by way of the U.S. Postal Service.
- Delivery and return postage are paid by the Library.
- The Library provides a pre-addressed pouch for return shipping.
- Delivery takes up to 1 week.
Who Can Register
- Arlington Residents only. Library patrons who live outside of Arlington should contact their regional library system.
- Applicants must be physically unable to visit the Library due to a physical disability or impairment. Due to limited resources, we are currently unable to expand eligibility to Arlington residents who are self-quarantining due to COVID-19.
Arlington residents who have difficulty reading printed material are also encouraged to apply for our Talking Books service.
Register Online or by Mail
What Can Be Borrowed
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Large type books
Registered users may place holds on desired items through the online catalog, or by contacting the Books By Mail librarian.
With Questions or For More Information, Contact:
Arlington Public Library is dedicated to ensuring that all Arlington residents can access the Library’s collection. If you or someone you know is unable to visit the Library, our Books by Mail service can help.