Ensuring All Arlington Residents Can Access Library Collections
A free service for Arlington residents who are physically unable to visit the Library due to a temporary or permanent physical disability or impairment.
How It Works
- Books are sent to a registered user's home, by U.S. Postal Service.
- Delivery and return postage are paid by the Library.
- The Library provides a pre-addressed pouch for return shipping.
- Delivery takes up to 1 week.
What Can Be Borrowed
- Fiction and nonfiction print books (all ages and genres)
- Large type books
- Audiobooks on CD
Registered users may place holds on desired items through the online catalog, or by contacting the Books By Mail librarian.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Register for Books by Mail?
- Arlington Residents who are physically unable to visit the Library due to a physical disability or impairment.
- Library patrons who live outside of Arlington should contact their regional library system.
- Due to limited resources, we are unable to expand eligibility to Arlington residents who self-quarantine due to COVID-19. In these circumstances, we recommend freezing your holds.
For more information, contact Books by Mail staff: