Need to change your notice preference?
Just login to your account and choose “Change My Info”
Email notices are the best way to be notified about your account
- HOLDS: We’ll email you when materials you have requested are available for pickup.
- DUE DATES: We’ll email you three days before your items are due.
- OVERDUES: We’ll email you when items on your account become 3 and 10 days past due.
- STATEMENTS: We’ll email you periodic statements of fines and fees
While the library will email reminders about items, we cannot guarantee delivery of these messages. Failure to receive a reminder notice does not waive the customer’s responsibility for the timely return of materials or any fines incurred. Check to see that your email service has not placed messages in the “junk/bulk/spam” folder instead of your inbox. If that happens, or if you are running any spam-blocking features, or have a Verizon, Mindspring, Earthlink, or Comcast account, be sure that you can receive email from the “LibCustomerServices@arlingtonva.us” address. Check the Help section on your email provider’s Web site for more information.
We protect your privacy. Arlington Public Library will not disclose your email address to any person or business and will not permit it to be used for any purpose other than to maintain your account. If your email address changes, please login to your account and update your contact information.
Add text alerts for Holds, Due Dates and Overdues
- Text alerts are sent throughout the day, as soon as information about your account becomes available
- Text alerts are supplemental, so you’ll still get scheduled email and phone notices, too
- Each cell phone number can only be used once (sorry, family members can’t use the same number for different library cards at this time)
- Terms and Conditions apply
Patrons who install the Arlington Public Library App can elect to receive push notifications to their mobile device for hold, overdue materials and fine balances. App notifications are supplemental to email or phone notices.
Available for Holds pickup alerts and Overdue reminders
Bills for lost items are mailed when any item is 28 days past due