Need to change your notice preference? Log into your Library Account and choose ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
We value your privacy. Arlington Public Library will not disclose your email address or phone number to any person or business and will not permit it to be used for any purpose other than to maintain your account. If your email address changes, log into your Library Account and choose ACCOUNT SETTINGS > CONTACT INFORMATION to update your information.
Library Account Email Notices
Email notices are the best way to be notified about your account. To change your email, log into your Library Account and choose ACCOUNT SETTINGS > CONTACT INFORMATION.
You will receive Library Account notices from the Notices@library-arlingtonva.us address for:
- Holds - You receive an email when requested library material is available for pickup or electronic checkout.
- Checkout - You receive an email after checking out physical material with the title and due date.
- Renewal - You receive an email when you renew physical items, or when auto renewal is attempted on your behalf.
- Due Date Reminder: You receive an email three days before a physical item is due.
- Overdue: You receive an email when a physical item on your account becomes three days past due, and ten days past due.
- Library Card Renewal: You receive an email 45 days before your library card expires.
If you are not receiving your email notices, you can take the following steps:
- Look for Library emails in your "junk/bulk/spam" folder. Mark any emails from Notices@library-arlingtonva.us found there as Not Spam and move them to your inbox.
- Add Notices@library-arlingtonva.us to your email contact list.
- If you are running spam-blocking features, or have a Verizon, Mindspring, Earthlink, or Comcast account, adjust your spam blocker setting to receive email from Notices@library-arlingtonva.us.
- Check the Help section on your email provider's website for more information.
Other Library Related Email
- The Library sends regular email newsletters about library collections, services and programs from the firstname.lastname@example.org address.
- If you use apps from Library vendors such as OverDrive/Libby, you may also receive emails about your library materials and account status from those vendors.
Library Account Text Notices
Text alerts are supplemental to email notifications. To edit your phone number and to set up text notices, log into your Library Account and choose ACCOUNT SETTINGS > MESSAGE SETTINGS.
- Text notices are sent for Holds, Due Dates and Overdues.
- Text notices are sent as soon as information about your account becomes available.
- Some charges for text messages may be incurred when using this service. Please check with your mobile service provider if you have questions.
Library Account App Notifications
App notifications are supplemental to email notices. Patrons who install the Arlington Public Library App can receive push notifications to their mobile device. To change your Library App notifications, open the App menu and choose PUSH NOTIFICATIONS.
- App notifications can be sent for alerts, holds, overdue materials, fine balances over $10 and reading log reminders.
Bills for lost items are mailed when any item is 28 days past due.
Failure to receive a Library Account Notice does not waive patron responsibility for the timely return of library materials.