Summer’s here. . . I’m for that. Got my rubber sandals, got my straw hat.
Schools out for summer. Schools out. For. Ever. And the livin’ is easy. Can you surry? Can you picnic?? You’re gonna need an ocean of calamine lotion. Good day sunshine; gonna make our own lighting. We’re barefootin; hot summer streets and the pavements are burning.
I sit around trying to smile but the air is so heavy and dry; back of my neck getting dirty and gritty. Well I feel that burning flame. Has high blood pressure got a hold on me? Went to the fortune teller to have my fortune read. Well there ain’t no cure for the summer time blues. Girls comb their hair in the rear view mirrors. I really dig those styles they wear. They`re out there a`havin` fun in that warm California sun.
The heat of the day begins to die; the faintest breeze comes drifting by. My fickle friend the summer wind.
Hot fun in the summertime. Sail on Sailor. Here are my favorite summer tunes:
1. School’s Out – Alice Cooper
2. Hot Fun in the Summer Time – Sly and the Family Stone
3. Stoned Soul Picnic – Laura Nyro
4. Summer in the City – Lovin’ Spoonful
5. Summertime Blues – Eddie Cochran
6. Cherry, Cherry – Neil Diamond
7. Heatwave – Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
8. Fortune Teller – Rolling Stones
9. Cruel Summer – Bananarama
10. Summer’s Here – James Taylor
11. Good Day Sunshine – Beatles (but you still can’t legally download them. Here’s “The Hit Crew”)
12. Starless Summer Night – Marshall Crenshaw
13. The Summer Wind /Madeleine Peyroux
14. Summertime – featuring Anite Baker, Curus Chestnut
15. California Sun – Dick Dale
16. California Girls – David Lee Roth
17. Poison Ivy – Coasters
18. Sail on Sailor – The Beach Boys
19. Barefootin’ – Wilson Pickett
20. Born to Run – Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce
Bonus: Popsicle – Jan and Dean