Since our summer 2010 launch, we now have about 1800 titles in our collection of the EPUB format. Titles include popular fiction by James Patterson, John Irving and Dorothea Benton Frank, nonfiction by Andre Agassi, Michael Pollan, Sebastian Junger, and many other authors. We have thrillers, novels, romance, biography, and business, as well as titles for kids and teens
What makes EPUB eBooks Different?
- As of April 27, 2011 – They can be read on the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch plus Android and BlackBerry phones. They are not compatible with the new Windows 7 phone.
- Unfortunately, EPUBS cannot YET be downloaded to the Kindle, but this is expected later in 2011.
- EPUBS can be read on a Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo eReader and other devices. Check to see if your eReader device is on the list of eBook devices that accept our EPUB eBooks.
- They are our only eBook format that can be read on a Mac.
- They are the only OverDrive format that can be returned early, before the lending period is up.
- You can pre-set the loan period for titles in your eAccount, or for each book at checkout. Hint: if you do this in your eAccount, then your mobile downloads will always reflect this 7, 14 or 21 day period.
- You can share your EPUB habits via email, Facebook and Twitter, using the new sharing features now appearing on individual title records.
EPUB dowloading quickview:
- Make sure you’ve got all the right software downloaded to your computer. Be sure to activate the Adobe Digital Editions software!
- Choose an EPUB eBook from the Library’s collection and download it to your computer.Attach your eReader device to your computer with a USB cable.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions and drag the .epub file from the computer to the eReader.
- To remove an expired title from your eReader, connect its USB cable to your computer. From within Adobe Digital Editions’ view of the eReader drive, click on title to delete it.
Previous related news: Can I read an eBook from the Library on my…