Would you like to know more quickly when your holds are on the hold shelf? Our new catalog system (coming in mid-February) will offer hold alerts via text message!
How will text alerts for holds work?
- Texts are an opt-in feature
- Text are supplemental to our current email / phone notification system
- Text alerts are set up through your online account and can be activated – or deactivated – at any time
- Texts will be sent throughout the day (emails are sent once a day)
- Each cell phone number can only be used once – family members can’t use the same number for text alerts on different card (unlike email)
Over the next few weeks, we’ll bring you more information about our new system, and how it will improve your Library experience. Watch for more updates on our homepage, Twitter and Facebook.
Can't wait to sign up! Love it.
The Librarians says
In order to streamline the conversation, we've moved comments/question on the new catalog system and transition to the Library Catalog Transition FAQ.