Winners will receive glory and prizes!
Taking place on Saturday, March 1 at both the Cherrydale Branch Library and the Shirlington Branch Library.
What is an edible book?
- It’s any representation of a book title that is made primarily from edible materials.
- It can look like a book, refer to a character, be a pun on a title etc.
- It can be as fancy as a decorated cake or as simple as a bowl of grapes (The grapes of wrath?)
- Check out some of last year’s entries.
How does the contest work?
- Deliver your entry to either the Cherrydale or Shirlington between 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 1.
- Participants, attendees and guest judges vote from 12:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Awards will be given out at 3 p.m.
- Light refreshments will be served!
Competition categories include
- Best in Show
- Best Entry by an Individual (Children under 12, Teens 13-18, Adults)
- Best Entry by a Family
- Best Entry by a Group
- Viewer’s Choice
This year’s judges for Cherrydale are Arin Greenwood, author of “Save the Enemy,” Diana Peterfreund, author of the Killer Unicorn series and “For Darkness Shows the Stars,” and Library Director Diane Kresh.