Spooky Fun for Kids in October
All Ages Events
- Wednesday, Oct. 21: Halloween Family Craft – Make a special craft for your spooky home this Halloween. Age 3 and Up. Aurora Hills Branch Library, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 29: Haunted Poe Garden – Kenmore Middle School’s Drama Club takes you for a walk in our haunted garden! There will be readings of Poe, festive decorations, a craft and refreshments in the library! 5th grade and up. Glencarlyn Branch Library Community Garden, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 30: Halloween Crafts for Kids and Teens – Make fun spooky crafts. All ages. Westover Branch Library, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 31: Family Halloween Storytime – A special storytime for little ghosts and goblins, and their adults. First come, first served until capacity reached. All ages. Shirlington Branch Library, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 31: Trick or Treat at Cherrydale – Stop by in costume and receive a Halloween treat. All ages. Cherrydale Branch Library, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 30: Preschool Halloween Party – Drop-in program with Halloween crafts, songs, dancing, stories, trick-or-treating (for stickers) and a costume parade through parts of the library. 0-5 years. Central Library, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, Oct. 30: Baby Steps / Wobbly Walkers Storytime and Halloween Parade – Wear your costume to storytime, then join in a Halloween parade for the little ones in front of the library. 0-24 months. Westover Branch Library, 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 31: Preschool Halloween Storytime – Come for the Halloween storytime, stay for the costume parade and trick-or-treating! 0-5 years. Columbia Pike Branch Library, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Elementary School Events
- Saturday, Oct. 31: Learn to Fingerprint – Someone stole the Headless Horseman’s pumpkin! Learn how to dust for fingerprints and see if you can solve the crime. Registration required. Grades 2 – 5. Cherrydale Branch Library, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 27: Paper Plate Monsters – Get ready for Halloween at Kids Club by making you own puppet. You can make it as fun or scary as you want! Kindergarten – grade 5. Shirlington Branch Library, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Middle and High School Events
- Thursday, Oct. 29: Halloween Crafternoon – Make a scary craft to spook your friends and family. Grades 6 – 12. Central Library, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.