Now you can make a suggestion for the Library collection, from inside your Library account. You can also track the status of your suggestions from a handy dashboard.
It is our goal to respond to every request placed through the form within 5 business days. Due to the volume of suggestions, that may not always be possible.
The Library welcomes suggestions for new materials, and purchases items recommended by patrons whenever possible. Individual purchase decisions will be guided by the Library's selection policy and availability of funds.
How to Make a Materials Suggestion
Log into your Library account and click on Materials Request in the left sidebar. A valid Arlington library card is required.
- Patrons may suggest 60 items per year, and have up to 5 active requests open at any time.
- Title or author suggestions are welcome.
- Provide as much information as possible. Include reviews or sources if available.
How to Track Your Suggestions
Log into your Library account and click on Materials Request in the left sidebar.
View your requests:
- Click on the Details button to the right of each request to view its status.
- Please note: If you submitted Materials Purchase Requests prior to April 1, 2019, you will not see them reflected in your Library account.
How the Materials Suggestion Process Works
- While every suggestion will be considered, the Library can not buy every suggested title.
- Library staff do not place holds at the time of request. If a title suggested for addition to the collection is approved, the responsibility is on the patron to place their own holds.
- The Library is unable to respond to Materials suggestions outside of this form (email, phone call, etc.).