Arlington residents or property owners over the age of 18 are eligible to borrow tools from The Shed: Arlington's Garden Tool Lending Library (GTLL).
Participation in the Garden Tool Lending Library requires:
- An active Library card
- Registration at the Central Library Circulation Desk
- Completed GTLL Waiver and Indemnification Form [pdf] (borrowers under age 18 must have a parent/guardian co-sign the Waiver in person)
Borrowers who move out of Arlington will no longer be eligible to participate in the program.
How the Garden Tool Lending Library Works
Download and Print the complete GTLL Registration and Borrowing Rules (pdf)
- Tools can be borrowed for 7 days, with one renewal.
- 5 tools can be borrowed at a time.
- Tools cannot be placed on hold.
- Only the borrower is authorized to use the tools.
- Tools must be returned clean, and during Shed open hours.
- Clean tools immediately after use.
- Wash with water.
- Use a wire brush to loosen soil stuck to blades.
- Coat blades with light oil like WD-40 on areas prone to rust.