Are You Ready to Swing for the Fences?
Join the Arlington Public Library’s 2019 Summer Reading Challenge in partnership with the Washington Nationals. Attend fun events and read your way to cool prizes, including tickets to a Nationals game!
3 Ways to Participate
Choose one of these options to track your reading:
How does Summer Reading work?
- Track each day you read until you get to 25. Then you're done!
- You can't read too little or too much on any day. Just track that you've read that day.
- You don't have to read for 25 days in a row. You can take days off! Just read until you get to 25 days total.
- Visit the Library location of your choice to claim your prize!
- Not ready to stop at 25 days? Pick up a "super-reader" bingo card at the Library after you've completed the Summer Reading challenge, for the chance to win an extra prize!
Why Is Summer A Great Time to Read?
Summer Reading helps kids and teens avoid "summer slide," and reintroduces them to the joy of reading for pleasure. It gives parents and kids an excuse to read or listen to books together, and it gives adults a reason to explore new books and authors.