Find Your Voice: Summer Reading
This summer, find your voice with Arlington Public Library as you read and participate in fun programs and experiences.
Register in the Arlington Public Library app or pick up a paper reading log at any library location to record your reading. It’s perfectly legit to backdate your reading log. You only need to read for any 30 days starting on June 1 to win prizes.
How Summer Reading Works
- Read for any 30 days, starting on June 1, to complete Summer Reading.
- Backdate your reading activity log if you sign up by Sept. 1
- Win prizes!
- Want to keep going? Become a Super Reader by completing three Bonus Challenges!
- Summer Reading Starts - June 1
- Last Day to Register for Summer Reading - September 1
- Last Day to Pick Up Prizes - September 5
How to Participate
- Pick your tracking method:
- Track each day you read between June 1 - Sept. 1. You can backdate your reading activity.
- Read for any 30 days to complete the Summer Reading Challenge! You can't read too little or too much on any given day, and you don’t have to read 30 days in a row.
- Claim a Completion Prize at any Library location! Bring your reading log (digital or paper) with you.
- Complete any three Bonus Challenges to earn a Super Reader Prize!
Why are Summer Reading Programs Important?
Summer Reading programs help kids and teens avoid "summer slide" and reintroduce them to the joy of reading for pleasure. These programs can help motivate parents and kids to read or listen to books together, and they can prompt adults to explore new books and authors.