Dive into Summer Reading 2022
Two Ways to Register for Summer Reading by Sept. 1.
It’s not too late to register and complete the Summer Reading program. You can backdate your reading activity log if you sign up by Sept. 1
Register in the Arlington Public Library app or pick up a paper reading log at any library location to record your reading. It’s perfectly legit to backdate your reading log. You only need to read for any 30 days starting on June 1 to win prizes.
How Summer Reading Works
- Read for any 30 days, starting on June 1, to complete Summer Reading.
- Backdate your reading activity log if you sign up by Sept. 1
- Win prizes!
- Want to keep going? Become a Super Reader by completing three Bonus Challenges!
- Summer Reading Starts - June 1
- Last Day to Register for Summer Reading - September 1
- Last Day to Pick Up Prizes - September 4
How to Participate
- Pick your tracking method:
- Claim your Registration Prize by visiting a Library service desk.
- Track each day you read between June 1 – Sept. 1. You can backdate your reading activity.
- Read for any 30 days to complete the Summer Reading Challenge! You can't read too little or too much on any given day, and you don’t have to read 30 days in a row.
- Claim a Completion Prize at any Library location! Bring your reading log (digital or paper) with you.
- Complete any three Bonus Challenges to earn a Super Reader Prize!
2022 Read for a Cause: Potomac Conservancy
For each reader who finishes the Summer Reading Challenge:
- The Friends of the Arlington Public Library will donate $1 to Potomac Conservancy, a local non-profit fighting to ensure the Potomac River boasts clean drinking water, healthy lands, and vibrant communities.
- The Washington Nationals will offer each reader one voucher (good for two tickets) to select baseball games (while supplies last).
For Kids (rising 5th grade and under) - Earn a free book! English and Spanish titles available while supplies last.
For Teens (rising 6th - 12th grade) - Earn a free book OR a coupon for one free book from any Friends of the Library bookstore!
For Adults - Earn a coupon for one free book from any Friends of the Library bookstore!
Become a Super Reader! After reading for 30 days, complete 3 Bonus Challenges to win a free ticket to the Long Bridge Aquatics & Fitness Center, and to be automatically entered into a raffle for a chance to win a yearlong family membership to the Baltimore aquarium.
Why are Summer Reading Programs Important?
Summer Reading programs help kids and teens avoid "summer slide" and reintroduce them to the joy of reading for pleasure. These programs can help motivate parents and kids to read or listen to books together, and they can prompt adults to explore new books and authors.
Summer Reading 2022: Oceans of Possibility is also make possible in partnership with Potomac Conservancy, EcoAction Arlington, Potomac Riverkeeper Network, Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation, Arlington County Department of Environmental Services, and Arlington County Department of Cultural Affairs.