Exhibit Your Art at the Library
The Arlington Public Library is committed to displaying works of art and craft created by and/or of interest to the Arlington community.
We exhibit solo and group shows of local artists submitted through the online application process, and occasionally promote calls for artists regarding group shows organized on a specific theme.
We work with Arlington Public Schools to help highlight student artists.
Exhibition facilities are offered by the Friends of the Arlington Public Library at the following locations:
- Aurora Hills Branch– wall and display cases in lobby
- Cherrydale Branch - staircase walls; loft walls
- Columbia Pike Branch– display case at entrance and display walls
- Glencarlyn Branch – display case at entrance
- Shirlington Branch– display cases and walls
- Westover Branch– display case at entrance and walls
- Plaza Branch - display space in lobby
How to Apply
Artists are invited to submit work with a common theme, style or medium. There is no submission charge.
Exhibits may advocate a position or a point of view. Within the guidelines, materials cannot be excluded based on content unless the exclusion is necessary to serve a compelling governmental interest which cannot be served by less restrictive means. However, inclusion in an exhibit or display does not constitute endorsement of the content by the Library or the County government.
To apply, complete the online application, including:
- List of work, describing the title, medium, size and sale price or insurance value of each work. (Work is not required to be sold -please include “Not for sale” or “NFS” and the insurance value.)
- Short statement of the work, one or two paragraphs in length. Consider discussing technique and materials used, and/or themes addressed.
- 3 to 5 images of work in 72 dpi JPG format. Please upload application with art images.
The Committee will determine the number of pieces, the duration of the exhibit and exhibit location but will attempt to accommodate an artist’s preference. The Committee reserves the right to select individual works to be shown with the works of another artist or may provide the opportunity for a one-person show.
Artists may resubmit new work after one year.
Selection of Work for Exhibit
The Exhibition Committee meets three times a year to select work for exhibition, and is composed of one staff representative from Central and each of the Branch Libraries.
Deadlines for submissions: