Holds are shelved by username. If you have never selected a username, the default username on your account is your name: FirstMiddle.Last or First.Last.
Your username can also be used to log into your account in place of your library card number.
Reasons to change your username:
- Patrons who have a common first name may wish to set a unique username to make self-service holds pickup easier.
- Patrons who prefer to keep their names private may set a username.
- Family members may choose similar usernames so their holds will be shelved close together.
Please note: Changes to your username will not affect holds currently ready for pickup at the time of username update. We suggest checking for holds under your old and new username the first time you visit the library after changing your username.
To change your username:
- Log into your Library Account with your library card number and password.
- Your username is under Account Settings > My Preferences.
Usernames must be between 6 and 25 characters (letters and number only, no special characters).