Stress-Free Reading Practice for Elementary School Kids
The patient, nonjudgmental attention these dogs offer helps reluctant readers gain confidence and improve their reading skills.
Learn more about the value of reading to dogs from the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine.
Call to Register for a 15 Minute Slot
- Aurora Hills Branch Library - 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month; 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. 703-228-5715
- Central Library - 2nd and 4th Monday of each month, from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. 703-228-5946
- Cherrydale Branch Library - 1st and 3rd Saturday of each Month, from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. 703-228-6330
- Columbia Pike Branch Library - 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month, from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. 703-228-5710
- Shirlington Branch Library - 2nd Wednesday of each month, from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. 703-228-6545
- Westover Branch Library - 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. 703-228-5260
Paws-to-Read takes summer vacation in August and resumes in mid-September.