Summer Reading 2019
Submission Dates: June 15 - August 18
Everyone has a story, and we want to read yours!
Adults age 18 and up are invited to submit a work of short fiction for consideration in Arlington Public Library’s short story writing contest.
Entries will be judged by a committee of Arlington Public Library staff.
Prizes will be awarded for the top three entries, and the winning stories will be published on the Library website.
- First place: $200 Visa Gift Card
- Second place: $100 Visa Gift Card
- Third place: $50 Visa Gift Card
Rules and Submission Guidelines:
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age and eligible for an Arlington Public Library card.
- All entries must be submitted online using the Library submission form.
- Submissions must be received between June 15 and August 18, 2019.
- Stories must be 2,500 words or less.
- Only one story may be submitted per writer.
- The submitted document should include a title page containing:
- Story title
- Author’s name
- Phone number
- Email address
- All stories must be original and previously unpublished.
- Story content should be appropriate for a wide audience.
Entries that do not meet the above guidelines will be disqualified from judging.
In addition, winning entrants agree to have their story published on the Arlington Public Library website.