As of July 1, 2019, the Library will automatically renew eligible materials checked out to library cardholders.
Renewal limits for eligible items have also increased to three (3) renewals.
All patrons are automatically enrolled; there is no need to sign up for this new service.
How do Automatic Renewals work?
- Any items on your account that are eligible for renewal will now auto-renew 3 days before their due date.
- Auto-renewal sets the new due date from the original due date. For example, items due July 1 will be renewed on June 28, and the new due date will be July 22 (for books and other 21-day materials) or July 8 (for DVDs and other 7-day materials).
- Courtesy notices will reflect which items in your account did or didn't auto-renew, and the corresponding due dates.
- You can still renew eligible items at any time via the app or website.
Items may not Auto-Renew if:
- The item does not allow renewals
- The item is part of the eCollection
- The item has a hold (another patron is waiting for it)
- The item has reached its renewal limit (3 renewals)
- Your card is expired
- You have fees of $15 or more on your account
- An overdue notice has been sent for one or more items currently checked out on your account
If items on your account cannot be renewed, you will receive a courtesy notice with due dates before those items are due.